The Fernie Rotary Club acknowledges that the land on which we gather is within the Ktunaxa ?amaki?is, the homeland of the Ktunaxa people.
Take a selfie at the locations hinted below, post it on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #ferniecanadadayscramble and you are entered to win 1 of 15 great local prizes!
The more locations you guess correctly the more entries you have. Fun for the whole family!
Contest runs from 8am until 8pm on Canada Day, July 1 2021.
- Snap a shot of yourself with the namesake of this park. This is a great place to start or end a
float, your four-legged friend loves the name too, but please keep him on leash.
- This is the only park in Fernie named after a family physician. He was a long time Rotarian,
and his family continues to maintain strong ties to our community with an annual
- Wreaths and red flowers are silently left at the base of this monument each fall.
- Grr, Woof, Bark! Good Dog! Fido can have a wonderful run in this park run by the Fernie
- There is more riding and less sliding this time of year at one of Fernie’s favourite
attractions. Take a selfie with one of the flags located here.
- Kids and Herons love this local “watering hole” for the minnows.
- Built and maintained by local community members, pros and groms alike love flying high
here with their bikes.
- Take your food to-go and eat in Fernie’s newest pedestrian-only hot spot.
- Pay this historical building a visit to learn about Fernie’s history.
- Young athletes use this facility for a shot at the pros, locals use it right now to get a shot in
the arm! Don’t forget to thank our front-line workers!
- A landmark for all who enter Fernie, this is a great spot to get the inside track on local
activities all year round. It is also home to parts of the Akamina #1 from 1907.
- Fernie has a world-class culinary scene. Snap a pic “a la carte” at your fave!
These Moose Are On The Loose!
- This antlered pal is into the music scene and keenly looking forward to Wednesday Socials
- Now that he is retired, this ungulate loves to do yoga and play a little cards at this local
- Reading about the exploits of Rocky & Bullwinkle and learning the Dewey Decimal system
are this large-footed friend’s favourite things to do.